Adoption and Termination of Parental Rights

Posted by William H. Sherman | Sep 09, 2015 | 0 Comments

Your new husband can adopt your son. To do that, your former husband will first have to have his parental rights terminated. After the parental rights are terminated, then your new spouse can adopt your son. To adopt a child under Georgia law, a parent (or sometimes both parents) must relinquish their parental rights. Once that happens, another person (or couple) can adopt the child.

What our clients say...

“I just wanted to write to say that I feel so lucky to have chosen the Sherman Law Group as my attorneys. I was going through such a very difficult legal situation. It was emotionally charged and draining. But Valerie Sherman and Bill Sherman were so supportive, hardworking and helpful. I loved that the firm was always updating me and letting me know what was going on in my case. You always returned my calls and emails. Thank you all for making it work out great for me.”

What our clients say...

“I wanted to thank you for giving me back my life after many awful months. My family and I want to thank you very much for representing my case. We are so grateful to have such wonderful attorneys like you. I know I can rely on you. We will always recommend you to those who are in need of the services of a law firm. We were so happy and excited this morning as we heard the announcement by the Judge. You are such wonderful people at The Sherman Law Group.”